The Salvation Army – Working with Individuals to Create a Better Community
We were happy to work with our long-standing donation recipient, The Salvation Army in Calgary. They received a laptop donation which will act as an anchor when teaching one on one computer skills classes.
The Salvation Army offers a variety of services and programs throughout Alberta and the Northern Territories for members of the communities that they serve. These activities are motivated by a belief that each individual possesses an inherent worth and dignity. It is the goal of The Salvation Army to restore dignity and hope in the lives of those they serve through these programs as they experience times of need.
Their mission is as follows:
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
Their core values are as follows:
There are three core values of our faith – Salvation, Holiness, and Intimacy with God.
Rooted in these three values are the seven core operational values which guide all aspects of The Salvation Army in Canada & Bermuda.
- Compassion: They reach out to others and care for them.
- Respect: They promote the dignity of all persons.
- Excellence: They strive to be the best at what they do and a model for others to emulate.
- Integrity: They are honest, trustworthy, and accountable.
- Relevance: They are committed to the pursuit of innovation and effectiveness.
- Co-operation: They encourage and foster teamwork and partnerships.
- Celebration: They give thanks by marking milestones and successes.
If you would like to learn more about this amazing organization, please visit here.