Are you a Business Awareness Ambassador (BAAS)? Do you have the skills required? Does your company want to help organizations receive donated laptops and/or computers?
We are reaching out to companies who are willing to volunteer at ERA! It’s simple, all you need to do is spread the word about us and reach out to companies who want to donate to a worthy cause!
Territory will be assigned in advance, along with a form outlining each individual business on the route. Volunteer must get the name and initial of an employee at each business they visit or call. The volunteer will be provided with a one-page flyer to pass on to businesses. Volunteers are asked to avoid visiting businesses with signs requesting no solicitation. Volunteers are responsible for transportation to and from their assigned territory. Volunteers must be dressed in business casual attire with an ERA volunteer t-shirt (which will be provided at no cost by ERA). Comfortable shoes are recommended (running shoes etc.) Volunteers will be provided with a script and FAQ sheet to help them communicate the ERA’s purpose. Volunteers will be provided with an on-call ERA employee’s phone number in the event questions come up that the volunteer is unable to answer.
Required Skills and Experience
- Fluent in English
- Good verbal communication skills
- Outgoing, positive personality and friendly demeanour; ability to approach new people with confidence
- Presentable appearance
- Comfortable walking door to door and standing for extended periods of time
- Minimum age requirement of 16, volunteers under the age of 18 must obtain signed parental or legal guardian consent form to participate
- Previous volunteer experience with the public will be considered an asset
- Passion for the environment and giving back to the community!
For other volunteer opportunities, please visit here.