The Electronic Recycling Association (ERA) is excited to announce two new scholarship opportunities! The competition runs from January 1st, 2022 to September 1st, 2022 giving you plenty of time to see how many donated devices you can collect.
**Click HERE for a pdf version of our Scholarship information**
- $1 Million Dollar scholarship – Collect 1 million laptops and smartphones (suitable for donation) Canada-wide, and win.
- $100K Dollar scholarship for 100K approved devices
- desktop computers
- retro gaming consoles and computers, handheld gaming devices
- corporate computer equipment
- servers, switches, business routers
- scientific equipment
1. Get individuals and businesses to download the ERA App iOs or Android or website form. Enter scholarship ID [Scholarship+ Your Name] in the Reference Code field of the Shipping label. ERA will collect items from homes and businesses on your behalf at no charge for approved items. Non-approved items will be accepted for a fee, but will still count towards the scholarship totals if the fees are paid. (credit card e-transfer, etc)
2. Organize corporate pickups on behalf of ERA, collecting computers for donations to our list of 500+ charities and nonprofits. ERA will pick up 10 or more computing devices from any company Canada-wide, and offer hard drive destruction for any amount of hard drives contained in the computing devices. 100 devices, 100 hard drives shredded at no charge.
3. Organize community events or collection events for computers and electronics
Rules and Guidelines
- The competition is open to students who reside within Canada.
- You may enter the competition on January 1st, 2022, and final results need to be in by September 1st, 2022.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
- ERA will announce the winners of this scholarship in October 2022 on our social media platforms and website (subject to change).
- ERA will contact the winners of this scholarship. If the winner does not answer within a week they will be disqualified.
- If you win the competition, you will be tagged in all communication related to the scholarship.
- If you enter, ERA will own the rights to all marketing material submitted and can use these marketing materials as they wish. This includes any social media accounts you create for the 2022 ERA scholarship competition. Passwords for these accounts must be turned over to ERA at the end of the competition or you will be disqualified.