ERA’s Kids Poster Contest
It’s back! ERA is proud to announce their 3rd Kid’s Poster Contest that will launch this October. We are asking students in Elementary Schools across Canada to use their creative minds. This competition is designed to not only educate students on the importance of sustainability but to bring their vision of an ever-changing environment to paper.
How does it work?
To enter the contest, create a poster that best represents the ever-changing environment by combining the waste hierarchy known to many as “Reduce, Reuse and Recycle”. Please relay the poster in some way to ERA’s mission statement.
ERA’s Mission Statement: To reduce electronic waste and the negative impact it has on our environment, and to reuse unwanted computers and related electronic equipment through recovery, refurbishment and computer donation programs
This competition is vote based, which means the student with the most votes will win ― so you better stand out from the rest.
Who is eligible to participate?
To join the competition all you need to do is be a Student attending an Elementary School across Canada.
What will I win?
There will be one winner from each school that participates and the winning student will receive a refurbished laptop.
How to enter?
To officially enter this competition your school must submit all of their student’s creative posters, add the name of your school, add the school address (no PO Box) and add the contact information of the teachers involved.
Notice that if incorrect information is given, the Electronic Recycling Association may not be able to reach you and will end up disqualifying the school.
CLICK HERE to enter
When does it take place?
This contest is running from October 19th, 2020 to November 20th, 2020. Schools can only submit their applications between the start and end date for this competition. If schools try to submit their posters before or after these dates they will not be considered eligible for the prize. Each student can only submit one poster.
What format should the poster be?
- Poster needs to be handmade (Use of paper, paint, pencils, markers, and crayons)
- Posters need to be in Jpeg form
- Orientation should be landscape
Rules and Guidelines
- The competition is open to Schools which reside within Canada.
- Individuals cannot apply for this competition.
- You may enter the competition between 14:00 (MST) on October 19th, 2020 and 16:00 (MST) on November 20th, 2020.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition. There are methods of entry applicable to this competition, as follows:
Create a poster with your school
Submit your poster through our online process (Teachers Submit for Students)
Share your poster on social media through your school’s accounts and personal accounts using #ERA and #3rdKidsPosterCompetition on your posts.
Mention ERA by tagging us in your post
- LinkedIn: @ElectronicRecyclingAssociation
- Instagram: @ElectronicRecyclingAssociation
- Facebook: @ElectronicRecyclingAssociation
- Twitter: @DonateRecycleIT
- ERA will announce the winner of this competition on November 27th, 2020 on our social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter).
- There is a limit of one entry per student.
- The winner will receive a refurbished laptop (100 winners per 1000 entries)
- The potential winner will the selected by public vote
- ERA will contact the winner of this competition. If the winning school does not answer within a week they will be disqualified.
- If you win the competition, you will be tagged in all communication related to the Kids Poster Competition.
- If you enter, ERA will own the rights to all images submitted and can use these images as they wish.