The ERA is proud to announce their 4th Kids Poster Contest that will launch this September. We are asking students including Elementary, Junior High, and High Schools across Canada to use their creative minds for a chance to win a FREE laptop. This competition is designed to not only educate students on the importance of sustainability and the 3 R’s (Reduce Reuse Recycle) but to bring their vision of an ever-changing environment to paper.
How does it work?
To enter the contest, create a poster that best represents the ever-changing environment by combining the waste hierarchy known to many as “Reduce, Reuse and Recycle”. Please relay the poster in some way to ERA’s mission statement.
ERA’s Mission Statement: To reduce electronic waste and the negative impact it has on our environment, and to reuse unwanted computers and related electronic equipment through recovery, refurbishment, and computer donation programs
Who is eligible to participate?
School-aged students residing in Canada.
What will I win?
There will be 100 winners per 1000 entries and the winning students will receive a refurbished laptop.
How to win?
This competition is vote-based, which means the student with the most votes will win ― so you better stand out from the rest! And make sure to have your friends and family vote for your entry.
How to enter?
Entries must be submitted by teachers online. Click HERE to upload entries.
When does it take place?
This contest is running from September 1st, 2021 to December 1st, 2021. Each student can only submit one poster.
What format should the poster be?
- Posters need to be handmade (Use of paper, paint, pencils, markers, and/or crayons)
- Posters need to be in Jpeg form
Share your poster on social media through your school’s accounts and personal accounts using #ERA and #4thKidsPosterCompetition on your posts.
Mention ERA by tagging us in your post
- LinkedIn: @ElectronicRecyclingAssociation
- Instagram: @ElectronicRecyclingAssociation
- Facebook: @ElectronicRecyclingAssociation
- Twitter: @DonateRecycleIT
Rules and Guidelines
- The competition is open to Schools that reside within Canada.
- Individuals cannot apply for this competition. Submit your poster through our online process (Teachers Submit for Students)
- You may enter the competition between 14:00 (MST) on September 1st, 2021 and 16:00 (MST) on December 1st, 2021.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition
- ERA will announce the winners of this competition on December 8th, 2021 on our social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter).
- There is a limit of one entry per student.
- The winner will receive a refurbished laptop (100 winners per 1000 entries)
- The potential winner will the selected by public vote.
- ERA will contact the winner of this competition. If the winning school does not answer within a week they will be disqualified.
- If you win the competition, you will be tagged in all communication related to the Kids Poster Competition.
- If you enter, ERA will own the rights to all images submitted and can use these images as they wish.
To learn more about ERA click here