Recycle & Shred Unwanted Electronics Safely with The Saskatoon Police
We are excited to announce that the Saskatoon Police Department and the Electronic Recycling Association (ERA) are partnering for Fraud Prevention Month to offer free electronics recycling and data destruction event.
Join us at the Saskatoon Police Service Gymnasium (76 25th Street East Saskatoon, SK. S7K 3P9) on March 16th, 2023 from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. The ERA will be destroying your hard drives and collect your unwanted electronics for free. This includes your cell phones with the battery removed. Officers from the Saskatoon Police Service and members of the ERA will provide valuable information to the public on data safety and fraud prevention.
The following devices are what we accept:
**Please do not bring Personal or Household appliances
- Consumer Electronics (gaming consoles, iPods and mp3 players, stereo equipment, etc)
- Desktop Computers (PC & Mac, monitors, parts, motherboards, etc)
- Handheld devices (smartphones, cell phones, tablets, etc)
- Laptops (PC & Mac, docking stations, parts, cables, etc)
- Printers (Inkjet & Laserjet, plotters, copiers, scanners, fax machines, etc)
- Peripherals (keyboards, mice, CD/DVD ROMs, cards, accessories, etc)
- Phone Systems
- Racks and miscellaneous (Server racks, lab equipment, disk arrays, etc)
- Servers (Rackmount, stand-alone, all brands, etc)
- Software (operating system, editing, design, etc)
- Specialty items (Cisco networking, switches, routers, etc)
If you are unable to attend, please visit HERE for drop off instructions and locations.
About the Electronic Recycling Association
The Electronic Recycling Association (ERA) is a non-profit organization founded in 2004 to address the growing problem of e-waste and the increasing ‘digital divide’. For over fifteen years, ERA has offered simple solutions to help individuals and organizations prevent operational equipment from premature destruction. With a focus on recovery, refurbishment and reuse, ERA continuously supplies charitable groups with donated IT equipment while securely managing the retiring IT assets of organizations and individuals across Canada.